Autumn is upon us. How was the summer health?
Did you expose a healthy looking body with plentiful energy?
I find many people go around in circles trying to create a body that is energized all year round. Some form of adrenal fatigue is a real problem with our population, and we don’t seem to see a great percentage of Lean strong bodies that would survive in any primal environment.
The ones that seem to keep on top of life are holistically driven and utilize all the resources of our health community.
Forecasting is a way I describe reading your body for signs of imbalance that if left will elicit a clinical health problem in the future if not rectified.
The progressions go like this:
Minor ill symptoms → Chronic ill symptoms → Dis-ease → Disease
Learning to read minor ill symptoms is an art form that has been used since the original medicine men, Shamans and healers have been on the planet.
On average we now live longer to experience more pollution, more accumulated stress, lower food quality and hap-hazard exercise routines.
What this means is a long progression from minor illness (And an increased amount a one given time) to disease and death.
My goal as a Holistic Health Practitioner has always been to create a level of health standard in people that can sustain stress and not get pulled into a stretch of chasing chronic symptoms full time.
It cannot be about perfection, obsession or unrealistic goals. It is about intelligent management of health so you can focus on enjoying life and not rehabilitating constantly.
The following list is an effort to educate people on reading the body to inhibit or reverse Dis-ease.
(All of the following is adapted from functional medicine practice)
Symptoms: (I will add a possible link to a cause)
Cold hands, Low body temp, Dry skin: Thyroid issues
Thin ridged nails: Stomach acid deficiency
Skin rash, dandruff: Food allergy/ intolerance
Dark ear wax: Gut imbalance
Breasts on men: Build-up of bad estrogen's
Acne, bad body odour: Poor elimination of toxins
Cracked heels: Deficiency in essential fatty acids
Above normal body fat levels:
Abdomen: Poor insulin control
Hips, Thighs: Poor estrogen detoxification
High inflammation of musculoskeletal body: Increased body-fat, Low omega 3
Low muscle mass, weakness: Poor protein consumption/ absorption.
This is a small list of things we look for and teach others to keep an eye on.
Remember “The outside mimics the inside”
Now to add a list of foundation principles to help keep those chronic health issues at bay!
These ideas are not meant to be part of a specific protocol. They tend to be a general foundation for starting a good health program.
1) Drink 0.033 times your body-weight in Kg’s of water daily (Filtered please!)
2) Keep sweating- Try infra red saunas (A great way to help detoxification)
3) Keep fibre levels up – Lots of low starch vegetables (supplement if needed with non-grain fibre)
4) Stock up on Vit D – 20 mins of sun to as much body skin as possible( 3-7 times weekly) Stock up now for storage over winter
5) Start the day with protein – The first bite sets up your brain chemistry for the day
- Protein = Alert and stable
- Sugar = Hyper then dull for morning
6) Get your 8 hours of sleep – Between 10pm and 6am is gold!
7) Forget the long cardio! – Lift weights and move fast. There is so much conclusive evidence to back this up it can’t be ignored.
8) Have a mini holiday every day – 30mins of relax / go slow to break the day is essential to well-being.
Let’s all help each other out and create a forecast for fine health and low disease.
CHEK 2, HLC 3, Dip Ex Phys
PPS Success Mastery Practitioner